Articles on this Page
- 12/31/14--10:45: _Expanding Learning ...
- 02/03/15--16:30: _Mardi Gras Success!
- 03/20/15--14:17: _Are Volunteers Your...
- 03/26/15--14:50: _Winners of First Da...
- 04/01/15--15:06: _“Constant State of ...
- 04/22/15--10:06: _F.I.S.T. Turns Six!
- 05/07/15--08:39: _Carry the Special O...
- 06/01/15--14:47: _Volunteer Workshop ...
- 12/01/15--11:49: _Your Chance to Supp...
- 02/18/16--17:41: _New Business in Dow...
- 06/17/16--16:18: _Waukegan Main Stree...
- 12/09/16--10:01: _The Holidays Hit Do...
- 01/23/17--14:44: _Laissez les bons te...
- 02/15/17--16:07: _Mardi Gras 2017 Mas...
- 06/19/17--14:29: _Waukegan Band is a ...
- 07/31/17--11:23: _Three Brothers Thea...
- 08/22/17--13:32: _It’s Our 10th Wine ...
- 09/13/17--12:16: _September ArtWauk S...
- 09/21/17--07:58: _Join us for our Ann...
- 11/13/17--11:44: _Community Transform...
- 12/31/14--10:45: Expanding Learning Spaces at Waukegan Public Library
- 02/03/15--16:30: Mardi Gras Success!
- 03/20/15--14:17: Are Volunteers Your Lifeblood?
- 03/26/15--14:50: Winners of First Dandelion Gallery Juried Show Announced
- 04/01/15--15:06: “Constant State of Panic” Midwest Premiere
- 04/22/15--10:06: F.I.S.T. Turns Six!
- 05/07/15--08:39: Carry the Special Olympics Torch!
- 06/01/15--14:47: Volunteer Workshop “Totally Worth It”
- 12/01/15--11:49: Your Chance to Support Waukegan Main Street Starts Now; Donate!
- 02/18/16--17:41: New Business in Downtown Waukegan! A Cuban Experience
- 12/09/16--10:01: The Holidays Hit Downtown Waukegan
- 01/23/17--14:44: Laissez les bons temps rouler at Mardi Gras
- 02/15/17--16:07: Mardi Gras 2017 Masquerade & Casino Night Fundraiser
- 06/19/17--14:29: Waukegan Band is a “Community Treasure”!
- 07/31/17--11:23: Three Brothers Theatre Expands
- 08/22/17--13:32: It’s Our 10th Wine & Art Stroll!
- 09/13/17--12:16: September ArtWauk Sizzles in the Main Street District
- 09/21/17--07:58: Join us for our Annual Meeting!
- 11/13/17--11:44: Community Transformation Workshop
Downtown Waukegan will be full of construction project in 2015, with the Lake County Court Expansion and CLC’s new building both getting underway. In addition, our award-winning library will go through a complete renovation of the main floor to better accommodate the needs of the community. We at Waukegan Main Street are thrilled at all […]
The post Expanding Learning Spaces at Waukegan Public Library appeared first on Waukegan Main Street.
Waukegan Main Street’s annual Mardi Gras fundraiser was Saturday, February 7th, at Glen Flora Country Club. Thanks to the Mardi Gras committee and several volunteers who worked diligently on plans, silent auction items, and sponsors, this year was quite an extravaganza. Returning this year is DJ at Large Christopher Thelen, who provided the music for the New Orleans-style […]
Then the Volunteer Recruitment and Retention Workshop May 6th in Waukegan is for you! This lively five-hour workshop will focus on the basics of working with volunteers: how to recruit, retain and recognize them for their hard work for your nonprofit organization. After an examination of three useful techniques for volunteer recruitment, we’ll discuss the importance […]
Immediate Release Dandelion Gallery is pleased to announce the winners of its First Juried Show. Twenty eight artists were accepted to this inaugural event which opened last Saturday March 21 during the fourth anniversary of ArtWauk in downtown Waukegan’s arts and entertainment district. The juried show also celebrated the fourth anniversary […]
The post Winners of First Dandelion Gallery Juried Show Announced appeared first on Waukegan Main Street.
PATRICK GABRIDGE’S CONSTANT STATE OF PANIC MIDWESTERN PREMIERE AT CLOCKWISE THEATRE Constant State of Panic, Patrick Gabridge’s darkly comic love story on the challenges of holding a marriage together amidst the uncertainties of the New Millennium, is receiving its Midwestern premiere, Friday, April 17th at Waukegan’s Clockwise Theatre. The production runs through Sunday, May 10th. An edgy funhouse ride […]
Former Inmates Striving Together (F.I.S.T.) celebrates six years of assisting ex-offenders successfully reintegrate into society. F.I.S.T. is an organization of formerly incarcerated men and women drawing on experiences and focusing their energy on this task. Early on, F.I.S.T. worked diligently to secure volunteer positions for their group; now, they are booked well in advance by the […]
The Special Olympics Unified Relay Across America is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for America to unite and build communities of respect and inclusion – and Waukegan is on the route! Over the course of 46 days, in a hand-to-hand exchange, people throughout the nation will carry the Special Olympics Flame of Hope across the country and […]
The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) and Illinois Main Street, along with the Waukegan Main Street and Donna Ann Harris the principal of Heritage Consulting Inc., hosted a“Volunteer Recruitment and Retention Strategies” Workshop at Urban Edge in May. The workshop attracted managers, executive directors and volunteer coordinators from non-profits throughout Lake County, northern Cook County […]
We at Waukegan Main Street admit it. Downtowns are not easy to revitalize. But here are some facts about Waukegan’s downtown: three theaters are thriving and more new businesses and restaurants have opened their doors! The Genesee Theater, Clockwise Theatre, and Three Brothers Theatre produced more shows last year than ever before. Wauk-n-Whiskey has opened […]
The post Your Chance to Support Waukegan Main Street Starts Now; Donate! appeared first on Waukegan Main Street.
Waukegan Main Street caught up with Gary LeVine to find out more…. WMS: So how did this concept come about? Gary LeVine: It began as a group of friends, Cigar aficionados and boaters. We would meet in the summer at Waukegan Harbor on beautiful Lake Michigan enjoying our cigars while sharing boating stories. Over time, […]
The post New Business in Downtown Waukegan! A Cuban Experience appeared first on Waukegan Main Street.
The Young Professionals Launch Event took place at Rosati’s Pizza on Wednesday June 1st and was a huge success! We had 40+ people come out to network and have a good time after work in our downtown district. Thank you to Rosati’s General Manager, Amber Alden. Stay tuned for our First Fridays Series starting in […]
The post Waukegan Main Street Young Professionals’ Launch Event was a success! appeared first on Waukegan Main Street.
During this season of giving we want to GIVE THANKS for all of your continued support of Waukegan Main Street and the businesses in our Main Street Business. Small Business Saturday on November 26th was a resounding success with great weather, registers ringing and an all-around festive atmosphere including Santa at the Genesee Theatre and the […]
Our annual Mardi Gras is coming up on fast – February 25th! And we are planning to “laissez les bons temps rouler” (let the good times roll)!! The fun starts at 6pm at Glen Flora Country Club and rolls through 10pm with live music, a Cajun-inspired buffet, silent auction, and live gaming! Wear your sequins, […]
Our annual Mardi Gras Masquerade & Casino Night was a blast! Watch the recap video
The post Mardi Gras 2017 Masquerade & Casino Night Fundraiser appeared first on Waukegan Main Street.
The Waukegan Band is back for its 82nd season of providing free, quality music to Waukegan and the surrounding area. This season is entitled “Community Treasure” and will feature at least two concerts with special guests. The first concert of the season featured the Milwaukee Festival Brass, an award-winning brass ensemble using traditional British Brass […]
Three Brothers Theatre is busy and booming! In addition to their original storefront theatre space at 115 N. Genesee Street, they have taken over the former Clockwise Theatre space at 221 N. Genesee Street, about one block north. The bigger space will allow for more extravagant sets and a larger audience. Their formula is to […]
Wine and Art Stroll is one of Waukegan Main Street’s premiere annual events in the downtown Main Street District. This year’s event is Saturday, August 26th from 5 to 9pm, with registration starting at 4:45 pm in Jack Benny Plaza. Jack Benny Plaza is located at the southwest corner of Clayton and Genesee Streets, with easy parking […]
Downtown Waukegan will be BUSY during September ArtWauk on Saturday, September 16th from 5pm – 10pm! Along with fantastic art displays in the galleries and shops, four special events are taking place. First, Mayor Sam Cunningham invites everyone to the first Mayor’s Blues Night, a free Blues show with two stages and six bands from […]
The post September ArtWauk Sizzles in the Main Street District appeared first on Waukegan Main Street.
Join us for our annual meeting on Wednesday, September 27th in the Council Chambers at City Hall! Along with a buffet lunch, networking time and Board elections, we are hosting keynote speaker Dionne Baux who is the Director of Urban Programs. As Director of Urban Programs, Dionne leads the initiative to broaden the Center’s offerings […]
Waukegan Main Street will be the host of a Day 2 of the Community Transformation Workshop offered by the Main Street America Institute. The Community Transformation Workshop is an intensive, interactive three-day experience, filled with educational sessions and exercises aimed to provide participants with advanced tools and strategies to address complex revitalization projects and […]