Articles on this Page
- 11/20/17--09:56: _Community Transform...
- 12/08/17--15:18: _Official Tree Light...
- 04/15/18--15:17: _Mardi Gras 2018 Vid...
- 04/15/18--15:29: _Mardi Gras 2018 Wra...
- 05/09/18--16:22: _Downtown Spotlight:...
- 05/21/18--15:25: _We lose a Great Dow...
- 05/22/18--17:14: _StarWauk invades th...
- 05/25/18--07:28: _Our 33rd Annual Lun...
- 05/30/18--05:27: _Summer Beautificati...
- 06/03/18--17:32: _Memorial Day in Dow...
- 06/24/18--18:09: _What a Day in Downt...
- 06/28/18--05:01: _Successful Weekend ...
- 07/20/18--05:54: _We had a Blast at S...
- 07/25/18--12:31: _Another Successful ...
- 08/08/18--08:41: _A Gorgeous Night in...
- 08/27/18--09:05: _Busy Day in the Dow...
- 09/17/18--16:42: _Wine & Art Stroll 2...
- 11/04/18--16:34: _Annual Meeting 2018...
- 11/15/18--07:53: _2018 Veterans Day P...
- 11/19/18--16:39: _Good Times by All f...
- 11/20/17--09:56: Community Transformation Workshop a Success!
- 12/08/17--15:18: Official Tree Lighting-Music to Our Ears
- 04/15/18--15:17: Mardi Gras 2018 Video by Ace Rodriguez
- 04/15/18--15:29: Mardi Gras 2018 Wrap up
- 05/09/18--16:22: Downtown Spotlight: Trina Torres of Live Free Boutique
- 05/21/18--15:25: We lose a Great Downtown Ambassador!
- 05/22/18--17:14: StarWauk invades the Downtown District!
- 06/03/18--17:32: Memorial Day in Downtown Waukegan
- 06/24/18--18:09: What a Day in Downtown and in Waukegan!!!
- 06/28/18--05:01: Successful Weekend of Action in Downtown Waukegan
- 07/20/18--05:54: We had a Blast at Scoop Waukegan!
- 08/08/18--08:41: A Gorgeous Night in Downtown Waukegan at the Beach!
- 08/27/18--09:05: Busy Day in the Downtown District!
- 09/17/18--16:42: Wine & Art Stroll 2018 was a success in the Downtown District!
- 11/04/18--16:34: Annual Meeting 2018 Wrap-up
- 11/15/18--07:53: 2018 Veterans Day Parade & Ceremony Wrap Up!
- 11/19/18--16:39: Good Times by All for our 1st Paint & Sip
Nearly 50 Main Street American professionals from city across the United States participated in a hands-on workshop in Waukegan last week, as day two of a three day intensive workshop. The day spent in town concentrated on the economic impact of real estate development in revitalization. Donovan Rypkema of PlaceEconomics, an internationally renowned expert in real estate […]
Lee England, Jr. Plays for Hometown Crowd First, a big THANK YOU to everyone who participated in our Official Tree Lighting in Jack Benny Plaza in downtown Waukegan on December 2nd! Wow! What a night, what a turnout, what a good time. If you missed it, here are some the highlights: The Waukegan Park District […]
What a wonderful and entertaining evening at our Annual Mardi Gras Casino Night Fundraiser! We raffled away gifts, enjoyed live music from the David Givens Band and gambled a little! On behalf of Waukegan Main Street we truly thank all of our table sponsors, donations and more importantly YOU the community for continuing to support […]
Owner Trina Torres of Live Free Boutique had the opportunity to talk with students at Webster Middle School! Recently we had the opportunity to catch up with Trina and listen to her experience. Torres spoke about being an entrepreneur, becoming a leader and not a follower, and standing up for what you believe in! Trina’s […]
The post Downtown Spotlight: Trina Torres of Live Free Boutique appeared first on Waukegan Main Street.
We’re deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Former Waukegan Main Street Board President Jamie O’Meara. She was a tireless advocate for the City of Waukegan and especially Waukegan Main Street! She was a good spirit and kind soul! Our thoughts and prayers are with her family during this difficult transition.
StarWauk was a big hit again this past Saturday evening in the Downtown Arts & Entertainment District! Tons of great costumes and even a few of the owners of the South Genesee Merchants Block decided to join the fun!! Low-reen & the Lazy Dogs featuring Charles Hayes had the Jack Benny Plaza rocking on Saturday […]
Thank you to our Event Sponsor NRG, Contributing Sponsor ComEd and all of our Table Sponsors for our 33rd Annual Lunch With The Mayor at Glen Flora Country Club this May! Special thanks to Mayor Sam Cunningham for addressing the business community and presenting a vision for our city! If you were unable to attend […]
The post Our 33rd Annual Lunch With The Mayor at Glen Flora Country Club was a Success! appeared first on Waukegan Main Street.
On Wednesday, May 23rd Waukegan Main Street with volunteers Sara Dorman and Jessica Ferraro teamed up with NRG Energy to kick off our Summer Beautification and Flowering Program! We spent the morning planting flowers throughout the District and hanging planters from our street lights! We are pleased with how it looks and know you will […]
The post Summer Beautification Underway in the Downtown Arts & Entertainment District appeared first on Waukegan Main Street.
What a picture perfect day as Waukegan celebrated Memorial Day at Veterans Memorial Plaza in the downtown Arts & Entertainment District! If you missed the ceremony please watch here.
What an amazing day in downtown Waukegan! June 16th ArtWauk included SoccerWauk hosted by the City of Waukegan, Heart of the City, Puro Futbol, Three Brothers Theatre, The Parlor and La Canoa. Kids had the opportunity to practice soccer in the streets with SISM Street Soccer and play in an inflatable soccer field on Genesee […]
We kicked off our weekend of Action in Downtown Saturday June 23rd by partnering with MH Wozniak CPA and North Shore Printers in cleaning up the Amstutz!! We were joined by the Great Lakes Credit Union Team and Junior Miss of Illinois! We appreciate them dedicating time to help beautify our Downtown Arts & Entertainment […]
The Downtown Arts & Entertainment District was packed last weekend as we celebrated Scoop Waukegan! The Mayor and city officials opened Scoop with the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony! Also added to this year’s Scoop was Waukegan Carnival Days and Taste of the Caribbean!! Both were fun and the Taste was deemed a success with many different […]
We didn’t let a little rain stop us from enjoying ArtWauk in the Downtown Arts & Entertainment District this past Saturday! The Lake County Dance Showcase brought together young people from across the County to the Genesee Theatre Saturday night! Are friends at Grub-N-Go was on the scene serving hot meals to theatre goers and […]
The post Another Successful ArtWauk in the Downtown Arts & Entertainment District! appeared first on Waukegan Main Street.
Smiling faces all around this past Friday for the 2nd Annual Waukegan Night Out/ Touch-A-Truck! The combined event was sponsored by the Waukegan Police and Fire Departments and the Waukegan Park District and included heavy machinery, a K-9 demonstration, bounce houses, face painting, and a tug-of-war between Waukegan Police and Gurnee Police Departments. The weather […]
The post A Gorgeous Night in Downtown Waukegan at the Beach! appeared first on Waukegan Main Street.
Last week our friends at Heart of the City celebrated opening their new location at 114 South Genesee Street, Suite 303 with a Ribbon Cutting and Open House! The City of Waukegan Chamber of Commerce hosted the event as part of their monthly Business After Hours Networking Event! The food and alcohol were sponsored by […]
#ExploreWaukegan- Fall was in the air last Saturday in the Downtown Arts & Entertainment District, but it didn’t stop our members and visitors from enjoying our 11th Annual Wine & Art Stroll 2018!! On behalf of the Waukegan Main Street Board of Directors we would like to thank the Business District for participating and would […]
The post Wine & Art Stroll 2018 was a success in the Downtown District! appeared first on Waukegan Main Street.
#Downtown Waukegan- A new era was ushered in this past Tuesday as we introduced our new Executive Director, Josh Beadle, at our Annual Meeting! The Annual Meeting was held at City Hall inside of Council Chambers and lunch was catered by 17 North! Some of the guests included 7th Ward Alderman of Waukegan Lisa May, […]
#VeteransDayWaukegan- There was a spirit of thankfulness and remembrance in the air during the 2018 Veterans Day Parade & Ceremony in Downtown Waukegan! The parade was energetic and concluded at Veterans Memorial Plaza also in the Downtown District where the ceremony honoring all veterans took place! Here are some photos from yesterday’s festivities. […]
Last Wednesday at 17 North in the Downtown Waukegan Arts & Entertainment District we held our 1st Annual Paint & Sip Fundraiser. This event was created solely to assist our efforts in lighting up Genesee Street for the Holidays. We’re happy to report it was a success!! Thanks to 17 North owner Tom LeBaron and […]